Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Are you a Harry Potter Fan? Well I am!! As nerdy as it may sound, I really enjoy reading the books and I love watching the movies over and over again. I always catch something new every single time around. Recently me and the fam were able to make a trip to the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure in Orlando,Florida. We were able to get in at 7 am since we stayed at an on site hotel The Royal Pacific(super nice). The park itself is so GREAT! It went beyond what I expected. It has so many detailed elements from the book that I am sure I missed a seeing a few. This park has definitely raised the bar when it comes to amusement parks. I am sad to say as a devout Disney fan The Magic Kingdom really has to step it up! The ride of Harry Potter itself is the best ride I have ever been on to date. Technology has really impressed me this time and I am so happy my kiddies will one day experience this!




As you walk towards the Harry Potter section in the park you immediately enter Hogsmeade,and you are greeted by this sign above and the Hogwarts Express.


The streets are cobblestone and the little shops of Hogsmeade are all around, and you can grab a Butter Beer at any concession!



All along there are shops to go into including Olivander's Wand Shop, where Harry Potter went
when he got his wand in the book . The wand that belongs to you goes according to your birth date, this is mine.Then there's the Owl Post, where you get your Owl and the Honeydukes Candy Shop and Toy Store.
After you walk through Hogsmeade you can grab a bite to eat at the Three Broomsticks Restaurant or continue to the three rides, The Flight of the Hippogriff, The Dragon
Challenge, and the main attraction Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Continuing that on next post:)






No comments:

Post a Comment